AccuRadio is a multichannel Internet radio station specifically designed to showcase the potential of the exciting new medium of Internet radio!
AccuRadio is also the first multichannel Internet radio station desgined specifically for adults with sophisticated musical tastes.
We currently reach almost 1,000,000 unique listeners per month (as many as a large New York City radio station), with an audience of as many 20,000 simultaneous listeners on weekdays during business hours (Internet radio's "prime time").
Based on data from various ratings services, we believe we are one of the five largest multichannel webcasters in the world.
AccuRadio's audience is approximately 60/40 male/female and almost equally divided between the 25-34, 35-44, and 45-54 age groups, with an average age of 41.* (More details available in our media kit .)
AccuRadio has been carefully constructed to help record companies and recording artists sell records:
(1) We give exposure and airplay to numerous genres of music and hundreds of artists that virtually never receive broadcast radio airplay.
(2) We constantly display the title and artist and album name for the song that's playing.
(3) We display the CD covers of the last three songs we've played, with each cover linking to the appropriate Amazon page for purchasing that CD.
(4) We sell almost $40,000 worth of CDs per month via our Amazon links, and, according to our listener surveys, directly influence the sales of $200,000 to $400,000 more from other retailers.*
(5) We stream at only 32 kbps, which makes for a good-sounding Internet radio station but is not a quality level that most consumers feel is a substitute for CD ownership.
(6) We are always happy to work with record labels to help promote new releases (as we have done with Sony Music, WB Records, Angel/EMI, and Bloodshoot Records), including promoting those releases to our 850,000-person mailing list.
We are fully licensed by ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, and SoundExchange/RIAA.